Lukens Family dental
A dental extraction is the procedure to remove a tooth from your mouth. A dental extraction is most commonly required if one of your teeth is damaged beyond practical repair. The most common reasons for tooth extractions include:
- Severe tooth decay or infection may make it impossible or too costly to repair a tooth
- Advanced gum disease may required a tooth to be pulled so it doesn’t affect the supporting tissues and bone structures of your mouth
- A tooth may be extracted if it is blocking other teeth from coming in
- During orthodontic work, teeth may need to be extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place
- Wisdom teeth are often extracted either before or after they come in
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your dentist will first administer anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort. During the extraction, you will feel the pressure of the tooth being removed, but will not feel any pain. Typically, the dentist is able to remove your tooth within a matter of minutes.
Immediately after the tooth extraction, a small amount of bleeding is normal and patch of gauze will be placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next 24 hours or so and taper off after that. Follow your dentist’s instructions on how often to change the gauze, and what other post-procedure steps to follow.
Ask A Question
We understand that you might be worried about a procedure.We assure you that we prioritize your oral health and want to help answer any questions and want to aid in any fears or anxiety that you might have.
What Our Patients Say
J. CriderWichita, Kansas
8am - 5pm
7:15am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
8am - 5pm
Call to Schedule
Request An Appointment
We are ready to serve you and your family! Use the following form to schedule an appointment or give us a call at 316-682-7522.
Please fill out the form and we will contact you to confirm your appointment.